Director, Business Development
Director, Business Development (DBD)
Auto Research Center is a specialized research facility with various test rigs such as our wind tunnel, seven post rig and transmission dyno. We also offer design and consultancy services to government/military, commercial vehicle, automotive and racing clientele. ARC prides itself on remaining a competent tier-one supplier to multiple OEM’s throughout these industries. ARC is a worldwide company committed to developing innovative solutions for the ever changing world of transportation.
We have an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to own the sales strategy and revenue generation functions. Bring in new business and work in partnership with our Engineers to create cutting edge aero solutions for our clients. The Director, Business Developement is responsible for executing full cycle sales and growing revenue for ARC through generation of new business. The DBD will identify business opportunities worldwide and execute sales strategy in parternship with engineering team. This is a highly hands on and active sales role. Position requires frequent presence at headquarters in Indianapolis as well as significant US and International travel.
- Establish ARC as a key partner for aerodynamic and vehicle dynamic solutions by selling our various facilities and engineering services within the automotive industry and emerging markets
- Build, manage and maintain a pipeline of revenue generating partnerships
- Lead and manage new projects and client relationships from proposal to conclusion
- Screens potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities; recommending equity investments;
- Develops negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration of new venture with company strategies and operations, examining risks and potentials, estimating partner’s needs and goals.
- Closes new business deals by coordinating requirements, developing and negotiating contracts, and integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Enhances ARC’s reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments;
- Significant sucessful national account sales, experience selling engineering services as solutions helpful;
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to understand and explain technical applications
- Ability to work with a minimum of direction and provide maximum project support and communication between clients and Engineering and Model Shop departments as required;
- Knowledge of vehicle aerodynamics and/or computational fluid dynamics software (CFD) is a plus;
- Strong leadership and customer service skills with the ability to ensure that a high level of service and quality is maintained;
- Ability to relate to a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community;
- Ability to close deals and see projects through to completion.
- Negotiable. Generous base salary plus sales commission.
- Benefits include paid time off and heath insurance.